- The terms and conditions for the access to and use of the www.meis.co.uk site are as detailed below.
- Terms used:-
- Data means all the information contained in the database on the Site of whatsoever nature and in whatsoever form. Data shall also include the information provide in any hard copy report (Meis Directors Survey or similar) or data provided by email.
- Meis means TBP2 Limited Co No 6973898.
- Named Employees shall mean the named individuals employed by the User who are named on the invoice as the only individuals allowed to access the site. If no individuals are named then Named Employees shall be deemed to be direct employees of User.
- Invoice means the invoice issued to the User.
- Site means the www.meis.co.uk database site and the analysis of data that is undertaken and displayed on the site as well as the Data.
- User shall be the organisation, company or individual who has entered into an agreement to us the Site.
- These terms shall be read and interpreted in conjunction with any invoice issued to the User. Any terms and conditions on the Invoice shall be incorporated as terms and conditions in this agreement.
- Obligations of Meis
- Meis will seek to update and keep up-to-date
- the Data, and
- the operation of the Site.
- Meis will seek to deal with any reasonable enquiries raised by the User within a reasonable time, during working hours.
- Individual company information will be updated as soon as reasonable practical and normally for the All Share Index within a month of the publication of the company’s directors remuneration report.
- Obligations of the User
- The User agrees that they will:-
- use the Site and Data for the exclusive purposes of its business,
- will not allow the Site to be used or access other than by the Named Employees.
- If the User becomes aware that anyone other than Named Employees are or
have become aware of their access details and / or password, the User shall
notify Meis immediately. Meis shall cancel the existing logon and password
and issue a new password.
- Further and in particular and without prejudice to any other provision in this agreement specific or implied:-
- not to provide or allow directly or indirectly, direct or indirect access to the Site by any other organisation, firm or individual, and / or
- not to provide direct or indirect access to any information or analysis or Data from the Site to any other organisation, firm or individual.
- In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing never to
allow any access to the site howsoever or access to any information from or in
any way accessed from the site under a. and b. above to any consulting firm,
organisation or individual.
- Meis is committed to a process of continuous improvement of the Data and the Site. If the User becomes aware of, what it believes to be, any omission or error in either the Data or the Site, it will notify Meis as soon as reasonable allowing Meis a reasonable period of time to rectify the error or omission or alternatively to respond with an explanation as to why the matter relating to the Data or Site is not regarded as an error or omission.
- Provision of Service
- The Site is held on a third party server. Meis reserves the right to change the third party provider at any time in which case will take all reasonable actions to ensure that there is minimal or no interruption or interference in service.
- Meis does not take responsibility or liability for the failure in any service of the third party server provider.
- The charge for access to this service and any other services shall be as detailed on the Invoice.
- Duration and Cancellation
- The initial duration of this agreement shall be 12 month or otherwise as shown as an initial term as specified in the Invoice.
- The agreement shall auto renew for successive periods of 12 months unless cancelled by the User prior to the renewal.
- Meis may terminate this agreement immediately if:-
- Meis becomes aware of any breach of the provisions of Clause 3.1.
- Meis becomes aware of any breach of the provisions of Clause 3.2. on more than one occasion,
- Meis has in it opinion reasonable cause to consider that there has been a breach of Clause 3.3. In such case access may be reinstaed after the User providing evidence to the satisfaction of Meis that no such breach has occurred,
- the User fails to pay any moneys dues within 14 days of invoice without prejudice to its right to recover the monies due,
- there is any breach of Clause 8.
- Meis will seek to use reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the Data and the analysis of the Data but does not warrant the accuracy or the completeness of the Data or the analysis thereof and as a result, the use of the site is at the User’s own risk.
- Meis cannot accept any liability for loss or damage suffered arising from the use of the Data. The User should take adequate steps to verify the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the site.
- Further Meis accepts no liability for any omission or inaccuracy in the Data. Therefore, in no event shall Meis be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for:
- any loss of sales, revenue, or profits,
- exemplary or special damages,
- loss of goodwill,
- loss of any software or data, computer equipment, software or data,
- loss of or waste of management, partner or other staff time, or
- for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising.
- Meis’s liability under this contract is limited to £1,000.
- Meis does not exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, fraud or any other liability, which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
- Meis accepts no liability for loss or damage suffered by the User as a result of accessing the Site as a result of any virus or similar that has been maliciously corrupted.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, the User may not:
- systematically copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, other soft copy or in any other way) parts of the Site,
- change or obscure in any way anything on the Site or otherwise use any material contained on the Site except as set out in these terms and conditions,
- use the Site for unlawful purposes and the User shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations at all times,
- Copyright and Trade Marks.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs and other images and sound) contained in the Site is either owned by Meis or has been licensed to Meis by the rights owner(s) for use by Meis on the Site.
- The Site contains trademarks; all trademarks belong to Meis or have been licensed to Meis by the trademark owner(s) for use on the Site. The User is not allowed to copy or otherwise use any of these trademarks in any way except as set out in these terms and conditions.
- Exclusions and limitations of liability.
- Meis is unable to exercise control over the security or content of information passing over the Internet and Meis hereby excludes all liability of any kind for the transmission or reception of infringing or unlawful information of whatever nature.
- All information on this site is provided for the purpose of executive remuneration matter or general remuneration. The Site is not intended nor should it be used for any purpose relating or connected in any way with any investment decision. The Site does not provide investment advice and nothing on the Site should be construed as being investment advice.
- Updating of the Site & Subcontractors
- Meis may suspend the operation of the Site for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade its content or functionality from time to time. A notification of this will be sent to the User in advance.
- The User agrees that Meis may sub-contract the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement or may assign these terms and conditions or any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any organisation provided such organisation has substantially the same ultimate shareholding or is controlled by those individuals who at the date of this agreement have control of Meis.
- General and governing law
- These terms and conditions form the entire understanding of the parties andsupersede all previous agreements, understandings and representations. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other provision.
- Meis may delay enforcing its rights under this agreement without losing them.
These terms and conditions, together with the Invoice shall be governed and
interpreted in accordance with English law,
and you consent to the
non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.